Local History Society

 Churches - Old Church pre-demolition

Arborfield Tithe Apportionment Map 1839

Article on old church by Ernest Dormer, 1907

Photos of the old church building, just before it became disused

Monuments in the old churchyard

Notes by Peter Ditchfield for a Berks Archaeological Society field-trip, 1922

Article in Berks Archaeological Journal, 1934

Article on the old church before removal of Conroy Chapel roof, 1939

Articles by Leslie North in the Reading Chronicle, 1960s




Photos of the Old Church taken before it was demolished

The Old Church was demolished in 1862, and some photos survive from before that time.

The first shows the East elevation

The next photo is from the north-west, showing the Conroy Chapel in place (compare with the watercolour from 1818).

Back to Old Church Page

Back to Churches Page


Any Feedback or comments on this website?  Please e-mail the webmaster