This is the sixth article for Arborfield in the Berkshire Local History Recording Scheme,
'Arborfield Hall Laundry,
Arborfield Hall Old Laundry
Photos taken by Miss C. Simonds in April 1927, during the demolition of the buildings by Mr Allsebrook.
“Tudor Cottages” at Arborfield Hall Farm near the Hall.
Photo taken by Miss F. Druett in 1926. The cottages were pulled down in October 1926 by Mr. Holdstock after he had purchased the Farm from Mrs. Hargreaves. Therefore probably of about the same date as the Laundry, with modern additions.
The Standen Tomb in the Hargreaves Chapel adjoining the Old Church before it was removed to the New Church in January 1939.
Photos taken by Mr. & Mrs. T. F. Carlisle.
Name and address of recorder: C. B. Willcocks,
47 St. Peters Avenue, Caversham Heights, Reading
With acknowledgements to Reading Local Studies Library
Any Feedback or comments on this website? Please e-mail the webmaster