This mansion was erected between 1900 and 1909 on the top of a hill south of Arborfield Cross. When it was being built, workmen found Celtic pottery remains. Was this the site of an ancient burial mound?
At the outbreak of the Great War in August 1914, when the Remount Depot's operations were suddenly expanded, there was a need for more pasture land, and an arrangement was made to use land at Arborfield Court, among other locations.
The property was later split up into several apartments, each owner having their own section of garden. Here's a view of the Court in 1985:
Any Feedback or comments on this website? Please e-mail the webmaster